I just had a call from the counselling centre where #1 Son is registered. His therapist quit. Effective immediately. With zero communication to clients.
It explains so. much.
- Why she cancelled last week’s appointment with less than two hour’s notice 😡🤬
- Why she failed to reschedule it at all.
- Why she never answered my email when I copied her in to one sent to his school guidance counsellor.
- Why, despite promising me for over three weeks that she would do so, she has never followed up with the school.
I’m just speechless and furious.
I give major props to the counselling centre though. They stayed 100% professional. Although when I commented that “it made sense” a bit more came out when I read between the lines (see the above list).
They’ve gotten him in with a new therapist. Who specialises in kids with sensory and emotional issues, and is a music therapist.
I’m a bit anxious though, as it isn’t a proven to work with him technique. And he does have an issue with loud noise. But he needs to see someone, so we will give it a go.
It also throws a spanner in the works of the diagnosis procedure.
In slightly lighter news, TT ate half an adult portion of yesterday’s vegetable lasagne – including picking out the courgettes and mushrooms to eat.
Whilst writing this post, TT has done….
*drum roll please*
A wee wee on the toilet. Unprompted!!!
Much praise, dancing (though not by me) and chocolate have been administered.
I am tired now 🤣😂
So today has been a bit of a mixed bag, so I will divide it straight down the middle.
- SSN successfully applied for
- #1 Son did all his homework without a battle
- TT had a nap 🤭😱
- TT’s insistence on using cloth diapers means she’s now actually telling me (occasionally) when she’s done a wee
- My beleaguered sock is back on (new) needles, of which I have three pairs so dammit I will finish this bugger.
- The snow is currently gone.
- My kettle dyeing mojo has returned and I have 5 more skeins for the next ripple blanket I’m planning.
- The hus-creature became trapped in #1 Son’s room when the door handle came off in his hand! Which is something I have had concerns about for months. Fortunately it is repaired for now, and will be reported to the landlady*
- TT is very unsettled tonight and is still not asleep. I may have to concede no naps 😫😞😢😰
- Snowstorms are predicted. Bye bye clear ground. Hello snow day. Probably.
- Neither child will accept the toothpaste we have so are both using age 0-2 Aquafresh Milk Teeth until our next weekly shop.
- The Amethyst dye is not. It is raspberry at best. I am not amused.
*along with reminders about the broken toilet seat and lack of lock on the bathroom door. I will need to ensure that the crayon is off of the walls (again)
- TT has learned to apply talc during nappy changes. That got… messy…
- After #1 Son blamed TT for the (pink) toothpaste in the main toilet, she came toddling through to me, not once but twice to tell me “Nanoo running“. So she is equally capable of dropping him right in it 😂🤣
So from left to right:
- Delphinium Blue
- Berry Crush
On what planet is that Amethyst?!?!? I’ll concede Carnelian (maybe) or even Red Amethyst (yes, that’s a thing) but traditionally, amethysts are purple. To cheer me up, here is a cat with Yoshi riding her:In Soviet Russia, Yoshi ride you.
Come with their own share of issues.
Tonight our living room contains a small invader.
#1 Son beat us to the punch tonight, and as such is “camping”.
It was discovered by daddy getting a very wet t-shirt as he carried him to the bathroom.
And contrary to what said hus-creature thinks, I did not laugh at his misfortune.
I was too busy quietly cursing. This is an issue given he has a high sleeper.
We will change his bed in the morning. If we did it tonight it runs the very real risk of waking TT, as it involves bringing the ladder (a clanking metal one) from the basement through her room and into his.
So choices were:
- Spend 15 minutes making up the sofa bed and letting him camp down there. But risk him not going back to sleep.
- Make up his bed. Which takes upwards of 30 minutes, runs the real risk of waking TT, and also risks him not going back to sleep by keeping him up longer still.
We went with 1.
He seems pleased and is already asleep again.
The cat is also thrilled to have her former hidey hole back. Hope she leaves him alone.