Who tutted and shook her head at us while we were having lunch.
What I want to say is unrepeatable and certainly unprintable.
I will therefore settle for this:
- I have a special needs child, probably ADHD. He was sitting quietly with his tablet. Do you have any idea what a goddamned miracle that is?!?!?!?
- Yes, my toddler was running around. In a circle. Around our table. That again is contained.
- Yes, she was disobeying me and lying on the floor under her chair. Yes, I could have dragged her bodily out and forced her to sit on said chair. But do you know what? That just might have caused Armageddon in terms of shrieking and other loud-decibel sounds. So I stuck to our normal parenting methods and persuaded her out verbally.
- Yes, I was *shock, horror* using my smartphone at the table. I can do this if I wish. My children were not being loud (unduly anyway, see point 1). They were supervised and I’m a goddamn adult. These are my children and they were ignoring you. At worst, TT was interacting with the slightly older little girl at the table behind us, who kept coming over to play/chat/stare at other children.
- I am so sorry that things might not be as they were “in your day” but I’m guessing they didn’t have overstimulating, loud strip malls in your day.
So, with the greatest of respect*
Go and sit on a cactus
And breathe. I feel so much better now.
Overall the trip out goes in the plus column. #1 Son behaved relatively well. The only sticky moment came when he wanted to use allowance money to buy another vinyl figurine like the CyberMan one he bought last time.
Which he has since lost. So we have said that if he can tidy his room to a reasonable state (he’s still only 5 after all) and (ideally) find said CyberMan then he may buy something else.
I went to the mall to track down hair dye, as one of the lovely H’s equally lovely daughters has offered to do my hair. They are both professional stylists so I’m thrilled.
Yes, I will be paying them 😂🤣
So this is my current collection:
She will do me full Galaxy/Unicorn 😁😁😁😁
I also went into Hot Topic and came out with these:
And Yankee Candle we’re having a 3 for $10 (plus tax) sale and I have these:
Yes, there are three the same – I love their festive scents so much!
So far a good-ish day. If you ignore the old fart that precipitated this post.