And mommy senses level up.
I had to look on the bright side.
It is 20:14. At roughly 17:45 I noticed TT running a slight temperature – nothing that was picked up on thermometer, as like her brother, she “runs hot” but I was concerned.
I spooned a dose of Calpol into her. And she rather pathetically demanded “snuggle”.
Which means something specific – she wants to snuggle in our bed with me. Tablet optional.
So feeling like I ought to keep an eye on her we go to do this.
Less that 5 minutes later: copious vomiting. Allllllllll over my bed and her brand new tablet.
And daddy was still on his way home from work 😰
So I had to juggle an hysterical, vomit covered toddler, try and strip my bed, run said toddler a bath, and keep her curious big brother out of the fray single handed!
- Deposit toddler in bathroom.
- Race back and pull as much as I can off the bed.
- Deposit tablet in en suite sink and clean it off as best I could.
- Return to toddler and strip her.
- Deposit her in the empty bath.
- Run her a bath.
- Phone daddy and tell him that he needs to get home ASAP.
- Realise toddler is distraught at the evidence of vomit in the bath.
- Empty bath.
- Rerun bath.
- Realise she will not sit down and she’s starting to shiver.
- Get in bath.
- Wash her hair whilst standing in bath with her.
- Realise I cannot now get a towel.
- Realise she will only calm down enough to be washed if I sit with her.
- Sit in rapidly cooling bath.
- Run more hot water into bath.
- Sit more.
Daddy then returned and started on the practicalities whilst I kept TT occupied. She appeared to be returned to normal.
However she regressed to whimpery and sad within ten minutes. And I had to teach her the concept of a sick bowl 😰
And the worst part? The pathetic sobbing of “no thanks” before she puked again. Totally broke my heart 😰
She then just fell asleep on me, without a dummy or bottle, clutching the sick bowl.
Kept her there til I was sure she was asleep (and #1 Son was also in bed) then transferred her to bed. With a dummy. And a cup of water (no milk).
Am now contemplating an early night as I foresee a long one 😞
4 thoughts on “Poorly Panda”
Poor little mite! Any idea what caused it? Are you too in the middle of a heatwave?
How is she now?
She was up all night. Jo is calling in sick. We aren’t any more warm weather-wise than it has been all month – we are having storms too so it’s not as blazing as it could be. It’s not set to get higher than 27C today. Plus we have the air conditioning.
It’s a bug of some kind I think.
Oh bless her. Repeating what your MiL has said….
Give her gentle cuddles from all of us xxxxxxx
Hang in there! This will get better!
Comments are closed.