Another attempt at feeding my offspring actual proper food.
It was… neutral.
I made a stew:
Which I turned into soup:
I really could do with a stick blender. I would be more than happy to review one should some kind reader belong to a blender company and be willing to send me one – worth a try right?
Which I managed to persuade each child to eat roughly half of. TT was half enough after I bribed her with the prospect of apple juice.
#1 Son? We fought, prevaricated, and in the end I fed him a large portion of it myself.
These issues were not much improved by TT shouting “choo choo” and “train” whilst I was trying to do this 🤨
However by doing this we did settle on half of the bowl.
- Fingerling Potatoes (rainbow)
- Squash – it was from Mexico and looked similar to an acorn squash but roughly double the size and squatter. I roasted it with maple syrup again.
- A 500g bag of frozen “Italian blend” vegetables: including courgette, carrot, cauliflower, green beans, Lima beans
- Vegetable stock – which I made the last time of soup making.
- Left over store bought chicken stock with a sprinkle of good quality beef bouillon.
I made way too much, so I ran a litre or so down to H – who apparently loved it ☺️
So did the hus-creature, and soup isn’t a thing of his – so yay me!
I also made more stock:
But unfortunately in an attempt to condense it down to concentrate the flavour I boiled off a bit too much water, so I only have 3 cups/ 3/4 of a litre of it this time.
Ah well, it’s still tasty and useful.
One thought on “Another week”
Well done girl- keep it up!!!!!! Xxx
Comments are closed.