I never talked about Easter as it kind of vanished in a blur of chaos and family life.
But the Easter Bunny came, via the lovely H – and as I was not expecting it, I immediately ran downstairs with a pack of Peeps. However her generosity could not be repaid with one measly pack of marshmallow bunnies!
I just thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that my own personal Peeps addiction meant that there at least was a pack of holding candy!
So, I placed an international order with my beloved Hotel Chocolat (oh how do I miss thee, let me counteth the ways)
And hey, since it was £20 postage whatever I ordered, I decided to make the most of it. I ordered:
- 4 packs of chocolate farm animals – 2 for H’s wonderful twin boys, and 1 each for my own monsters.
- 1 large box of egglets – egg shaped chocolates of various fillings – for H and her lovely husband type person to share. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that she might not have shared them 😂🤣
- 1 marzipan based (marzipan is not a thing here and the poor boy is so sad about it) Easter egg for the hus-creature.
- 1 Rocky Road to Caramel egg for me. NOM.
- 1 “holiday surprise selection” box which has turned out to be mostly egglet selection packs. Meh, they look pretty darn tasty, so I’m happy.
Now, everything I bought was on half price so it wasn’t ludicrously expensive. It’s made H (and I presume the boys) very happy, and I have a chocolate stash again. So, win:win overall I think.
Back to Easter. We had another visit from the wonderful Diana, and her awesome children (who, as they are both over 20 I struggle to refer to as such but hey!) so I have finally met them in person, and they are both aces.
S ended up co-opted by TT as he was more than happy to play “pieces*” with her. God love him! He is studying to be in the same industry as my beloved baby brother and has similar “issues” to #1 Son. And my goodness, if my son turns out like S? Well I would have nothing to worry about 💕💕💕
A, his twin sister, is an insanely talented fashion design student. She. Knits.
And makes clothes.
And designs the patterns for both!!!
I tell you, if she wasn’t also as wonderfully likeable as her brother (and mother) I would have to hate her. But she is also aces**.
Diana made some gorgeous Easter baskets for the kidlets. They are amazing. Thank you!!!
Please note the bloody cat 😂🤣😡🤣😂😡🙄🙄
*A giant floor jigsaw puzzle
** And way too hard on herself – A, if you read this, you are epic, and one to watch, and if you ever want custom hand-dyed hanks of yarn – let me know 😘