I made a meal that both kids ate!!!!!
I am astounded and amazed and slightly scared to be honest.
It was another stew/soup thing made of the following:
- Fingerling potatoes – white, russet, purple.
- Sweet potato/yams.
- Rainbow carrots – orange, yellow, white, purple.
- Red onion.
- Roasted Acorn squash – roasted with olive oil and maple syrup.
- Frozen peas (because it needed something green!)
- Two cloves of garlic
- My homemade vegetable stock from the last batch of soup, leftover store-bought chicken stock (yes, yes, I know it’s not normal but it’s what I had on hand)
- A sachet of posh beef bullion to deal with the above.
- A good dash of salt
And I don’t mind admitting it tasted bloody awesome! Heck, I had some for my lunch today.
I decided that since there was so many carbs in it, that I wasn’t going to add pasta to it. However, based on observation, I felt it best to blend it down and turn it into potage for them.
And wow am I glad I did!
Now admittedly #1 Son’s bowl is the one on the right, but look – it’s half empty!!!!
Okay, it took patience and cajoling and persuasion to get him to do that, but it’s homemade and nutritious and he ate it!!!
I’m not foolish enough to believe that it’s any kind of breakthrough, but it progress!!!!