No really. I have been.
Stop laughing at the back there!!!!
My wonderful momma is returning to Blighty a week tomorrow (😱😢😰) so I’m having to actually make a concerted effort to pull my finger out and get back to normality.
Right here and now I cannot promise to maintain standards of ironing for anyone beyond #1 Son – he likes “smart” so let’s see how we go.
God help me!!!!
So today, _I_ have thrown together the dinner for the children.
It is a stew of my own invention (and therefore probably lacks seasoning)
Order thrown into pot:
- Fingerling potatoes – three colours
- One small turnip
- One parsnip
- Three carrots – one orange, one purple, one white
- One acorn squash
- One boneless pork chop
- Three (peeled) apples
- Remains of a bag of frozen green beans that #1 Son has been refusing to eat
- A bunch of fresh sage (I have since been informed that I shouldn’t have used that much and only used the leaves – these have since been extracted)
- A pint of ready made chicken stock (like lamb, pork stock does not apparently exist)
- Pinch of salt
Chucked it all in the slow cooker on high, been in 2.5 hours at the moment.
I’ll blend it down for their dinner and call it potage. TT will eat it. #1 Son? Almost certainly not.