Half a week left as a working parent. Blimey. I’m sure I will be able to do lots of excellent things with my free time. Just think of all the crocheting/knitting I’ll have time to do…
Things that we have achieved since the last update (not necessarily in any order of importance):
- Plane tickets are now booked – we have a block of four seats (window-aisle, window-aisle) so each child has their own seat and can be caged in by a parent. No immediate neighbors to annoy. We are close to the toilets (where there are diaper-changing facilities) which is vital for both feral small people.
- House sale has stalled a bit – don’t pay peanuts for conveyancers – total monkeys and no organ grinders!
- All outgrown baby things (apart from a few genuinely sentimental items) are now in new homes. Feels great to have the space back and to pay generosity forward.
- I have frogged at least one WIP that was distressing me and thus have one less unfinished project on the guilt pile.
- Started saying proper goodbyes – tears are definitely being shed. Not so good for my mental state but a necessary evil.
- Going-Away-Party plans are progressing.
There are other things, but mostly on the small pile. Oh and I can’t look at dogs to adopt because I’m not in the USA yet… boo